Monday, March 22, 2010

Keeping in Contact

I have really enjoyed the visits when folks have reached out to make contact so I started to make contacts with some of the folks in my situation. Hopefully, we can stay in touch for the long haul.

Visiting the Employment Security Commission was a little awkward, but the  folks were really nice and held a group meeting for some of those displaced with me. It was like "old home" week. I was glad to see everyone was in good spirits and the Security Commission folks did an excellent job explaining things.

Next up was a visit with the consultant the company hired to help with outplacement services. These folks are on task to push everyone to get active in finding other employment. They've given everyone "homework" to complete before their next visit. Time to get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment